Thursday, November 25, 2010

What I am thankful for

I'll be the first to admit that I usually look at the dark sides of life instead of the bright. Today, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I will try something different. Here is what I am thankful for:

1. My family: They allow me to be myself and always make the holidays fun.

2. Mr. Boyfriend: He is amazing and is everything I could ever want and need.

3. My community: Whether it is church, cl, or school; my wider community causes me to think and develop stronger opinions on issues I care about. The various people give me a lot of perspective.

4. My cats: It seems silly, but those little creatures really help me out when I'm down. They give me reassurance that pure good does exist in this world and that not everything is muddied up and broken.

5. My education: It isn't always fun, but it has given me what I need to be succeaful in this world all for no cost to me. Sweet deal.

6. Privlige: I have so muchcompared to the reat of the world. I have food, a house, schooling, clothing, and am able bodied. I have privlige. I often find myself feeling guilty about having it, but it is a tool I can use to create change.

7. A higher power: I am not certain who this higher power is or what they have in store for me, but I have a great amount of faith and I know that something/someone beyond myself and the tangible world around me is guiding me in the right direction.

Hapoy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment